Welcome to Pre-Health Professions
The Office of Pre-Health Professions Student Development was established to help students interested in careers in the health professions easily access information about career options as well as better understand the intricacies of a successful application to a health profession program. We want students to know that it is critical for them to understand as early as possible in their academic careers both the academic and non-academic requirements each program has for admission. It is our hope that the Office will come to be recognized by students as a source of information that is consistent, reliable and easily accessed.
Our office accomplishes its goals through the following activities:
- Sponsoring information sessions on various programs in the health sciences
- Hosting workshops on a variety of topics all relevant to the pursuit of a career in the health professions
- Outreach to student groups at UNM, regional universities, and local high schools.
- Offering curriculum that target freshman students interested in health professions through the Freshman Learning Communities program.
- Individual advisement with Dr. James McKinnell the Director of Pre-Health Professions - by appointment only
Workshop topics include:
- Shadowing Orientation and Credentialing Workshop
- (required to shadow at UNM Hospital)
- Building a Successful Medical School Application
- Let’s Talk: Preparing for your Health Professions Program Interview
- Creating Your Personal Statement: Writing the Most Important Essay of Your Life
For more information on programming, office hours, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us via email: email@example.com
5th Annual UNM Health Professions Symposium
Saturday, March 6th, 2021
|8:00 AM - 4:00 PM||Remote Event. Registration Required! Click here to register.|
Preparing for Your Health Professions Interview in the Time of COVID
Check back soon!
|Check back soon!|
Shadowing Orientation and Credentialing Workshop
Check back soon!